Our initiative to promote Glamour Portrait, Art Works, Photoshoot Activities and to bring our fun on Internet.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Question and Answer

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wernher

PostSubject: Question and Answer   Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:16 am

hello guys i made this tread for beginners like me alam ko madaming tao dito na iteresado matuto at magturo(tama ba?)

post your questions here and hopefully someone will answer you back

so being isang pinaka newbie i just want to ask po if what is the most standard "iso" should i use with portrait photography and currently im trying to use "Av" mode sa nikkon 450D ko

secondly san po ba dapat nag rarange yung apperture ko to get a good clear and precise shot(may ganon ba?)

thank you po in advance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Renegade

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Hi Wernher, Welcome to Lakambini. It would be best to understand the "Exposure Triangle" first. You can google this topic or click on the link: http://digital-photography-school.com/learning-exposure-in-digital-photography
Join us this saturday. Its easier to communicate and learn face to face. Don't worry, we don't bite. We shoot! hahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucasxander

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:02 pm

+1 sir benz

wernher medyo naconfuse lang ako nikkon 450d? You are shooting in Av mode so I assume na canon yan. Normally the lowest iso the better since a low iso produces very little or no noise at all. sa aperture naman normally if you want nice BOKEH or blurred background use a large aperture (small f number) pero when shooting landscapes go for a small aperture (large f number) because aperture affects dept of field. hope this helps, the link given by sir benz is very informative and helpful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lxphotography.multiply.com
denziljr

Location : Baguio; Cavite; Taiwan, ShinChu; ZhenChen,China; Shanghai, China

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi wernher welcome to LAKAMBINI, agree with Lucas the lowest ISO the better quality you can get if you shoot outdoor with enough light you can use ISO 100 lang para walang noise.

Yap you can read basic on how aperture, shutter speed and ISO work together to get correct exposure kasi magkakasama yung 3 yan.

With using Av tama yan dyan din ako nag start I also recommend Aperture priority sa mga nguumpisa then just improve your compositions first.

Always remember wag ka ma intimidate sa mga camera ng kasama mo if you're a Canon don't shift to Nikon or vice versa always trust your weapon and use the most out of it believe me Smile

Tska best teacher for me yung experiences so join our activities, see you Smile

Last edited by denziljr on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/denziljr/
wernher

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:51 pm

wow everyone thank you all po pag ala ako duty sa sunday pupunta tlaga ako sa saturday para magpa turo sa inyo haha salamat po

and err correction po tama po si sir its canon 450d not nikkon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
martincpv

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:49 pm

@ Wernher

hehehe ... finally another canon guy haha.. buti naman at hindi na ako kawawang mag isa rito hahaha

mabuti na rin yung may kasamang ka-brand para may mahiraman ng gamit kung sakaling nangailangan during a shoot Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wernher

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:39 pm

ay marami bang naka nikkon dito ? haha um

new question mga san po kea nag rarange yung apperture na gagamitin ko pag portrait photo i know i should use (smallf number) but how small? same as with landescape how high pano po tanchahan non

hirap mag praktis ng walang tinitira este shinushut!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbcaasd

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:50 pm

Hay naku... wernher... Saakin ka maniwala... eto ang isa sa mga importanteng dapat mo malaman sa dslr mo...

1.... Set the DSLR to AUTO ISO... Best is to set max ISO at 100 or less if you can lower it... kasi pag naka Auto ISO... the dslr will automaticall adjust it as needed when you shoot... gets? tama ang sabi nila... if you can shoot at low iso the better kasi less ang "NOISE" sa image... google/wikipedia mo image noise if you need to know more...

2. MANIWALA KA... NASA PANA IYAN... Tingnan mo mga shots ni BEARWIN este ROMMEL pala... you'll get what i mean Wink wakokokokok

lol1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbcaasd

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:58 pm

APERTURE NAMAN --- The lower the F number (1.2 / 1.4 / 1.8 / 2.Shy the shallower the depth of field... mas malakas ang BOKEH effect... most Portrait photography are captured beautifully by these "fast lenses"... gets?

eto photo of f5.6

Pag gusto mo ng landscape at gusto mo lahat ng nasa photo ay malinaw... try using a higher F number (8 / 12 / 16 / 22 / 32)
eto F22 naman... See the diference???

Read more about APERTURE here at WIKIPEDIA
WIKIPEDIA - Aperture
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denziljr

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Hehe bumanat na si Mr. Pana Smile

Hi Wern,

Since new ka I suggest you to use Aperture priority with Auto ISO as Jing said but I believed wala ata auto ISO sa canon right? pag wala ang nsa labas ka with good light leave it to ISO 100.

For aperture let me remind you pag sinabing large aperture maliit yung number sa lens for example yung f1.8 is bigger than f4.

How aperture Affects DOF?
If u use bigger aperture mas maganda yung DOF or yung blur ng background mo so if you like yung clear and subject then blur yung background use the largest aperture or smallest number sa camera or lens.

If you like clear background use smaller aperture, pero depende din eto sa kind of lens na gamit mo for example sa 18-200 hindi fix yung aperture when you vary its focal length so set the largest aperture lang.

pag 18-200 ang lens mo pag gusto mo magandang DOF eto yung settings na gamitin mo:

Use Aperture priority
Focal length : use 100++ ex. 115mm or 135mm until 200mm
Aperture : largest so 18-200 pag nka 100mm+ ka pinakamalaki ay f5.6 double check mo lang.
ISO : depende sa light pag outdoor at ok light use ISO 100 pag indor pwede ka ISO400 up.

Basta tip ko gamitin mlang lagi camera mo Smile
Back to top Go down
lucasxander

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:07 pm

wern tama ang mga sinabi nila sir jing at denz, if shooting in aperture priority for you to have creative control over your DOF i suggest you use a tripod, because as a rule of thumb the shutter speed should always be equal or greater than the focal length (example when using a focal length of 55mm the minimum shutter speed should be 1/55 or faster) this will prevent camera shake thus producing sharp and not blurred images. if the ambient light is insufficient the camera will set a slow shutter speed to compensate for the available light and correct exposure, with this scenario the possibility of camshake increases that is why a tripod is the solution. please read about the exposure triangle namely: shutter speed, aperture ans ISO for youto use the appropriate settings, hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
hayok

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:15 pm

isa lang masasabi ko ... praktise makes perfect. kung hindi mo matry lahat ng sinabi ng mga lakambini photogs worthless din. Expect sa umpisa marami ka olats na shots then from there alam mo yung mga hindi mo dapat gawin then start perfecting your craft.

HTH Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wernher

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:30 am

thx po ulit try to practice all on my vacant day maraming salamat po

um to sum it all (correct me if im wrong po)

apperture is for the DOF = pagka blured ng background pag mababa yung F number mas blured yung background which is good for portrait pics and low f number po pag gusto ko malinaw lahat which is good naman for portrait?

shutterspped lage ko lang po ba siya ibabase sa focal lenth ko gaya ng sinabi ni kuya na kung ano focal lenth ko dapat my shutter speed is faster or equal to it?

Question: "yun lang po ba basihan ko ng shutterspeed para makuha ko yung tamang "light" ng pic?

and iso is for the noise = that part medyo alam ko na po binasa ko yung link na binigay ni kuya

pa confirm lang po kung tama yung pinag sasabi ko dito hehe salamat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucasxander

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:17 am

aperture- is like your window size, the bigger the window the more light will enter, it also affects the DOF,
-large aperture (small f number) shalllow DOF, blurred background (portraits)
-small aperture (large f number) deep DOF, clear foreground and background (landscape)

shutter speed - is like the blinds of your window, the longer you leave your blinds open (slow shutter speed) the more light enters

ISO - is like your window curtain the thin translucent curtain (high ISO) the more light enters

yan ang mga metaphors to help you understand the exposure triangle better.

sa sinabi ko naman na shutter speed you can go slower than your focal length (ex. FL is 55mm you can use a shutter speed of 1/10) provided that you use a tripod, the rule of thumb i gave you only applies to handheld shooting (because handheld shooting is prone to cam shake)

hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Renegade

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:57 am

Aperture- the hole or opening which allows amount of light to be captured.
Shutter Speed- the amount of time for light to be captured.
ISO- Sensitivity of sensor or film to light.
Combined effect of these 3 factors=Exposure
effects of each setting:
1. aperture- bigger opening allows more light to be captured. use this in low lighted areas. small opening allows less light to be captured. use this is bright situations. Adjusting the aperture also affects the depth of field (DOF). The bigger the opening, the more shallow the the DOF (your focus point will be sharp and background blurred also know as 'bokeh'). In general, if you want your focus point and background in focus, F/8 is recommended. For landscape photography, smaller opening is used to capture more details.
2. Shutter speed- if your subject is steady and shooting handheld, it is adviced to set the speed equal to focal length of the lens to avoid camera shake. ex: 200mm lens-set shutter speed at 1/200. If your subject is moving, set the speed to 1/250 or higher to freeze movement like speeding car.
3. ISO- Peg your setting at ISO100. Adjust only as last option. Increasing the ISO increases the sensitivity of the sensor to light. It also increase graininess or noise. Good quality dslrs can produce good photos taken at ISO800 without noise issues.
Aside from getting correct exposure with the balance to these 3 factors, it is important that you get the subject infocus. Set your camera to single focus point, usually the center red dot.
Don't forget to practice. Happy shooting!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucasxander

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:27 am

nicely said sir benz, o ayan wernher i think we have covered some of the basics of the exposure triangle, now go out and practice. hehehehe
Back to top Go down
hayok

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:41 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
wernher

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:31 pm

typo mga kuya
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vietkong

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:59 am

Anak nang kamote hinihilo nyo si Wernher lalo kayo Jing "Sbcaasd" and Denz.

This is my advice to you.

1) Know your Camera, it's limitations and capabilities
2) Read books and that of the website they mentioned earlier. Okay yun.
3) Practise and Practise and Practise
4) Join our photoshoot events para maturuan ka. Madaming magagaling dito at mga nag gagaling galingan
5) Use what you have. Nasa Indian yan wala sa Pana believe me. Wag ka maniniwala sa Pana ni Jing.

Hope this helps. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sbcaasd

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:46 pm

Vietkong wrote:

... Wag ka maniniwala sa Pana ni Jing.

Hope this helps. Smile

whahahahahah lol!

Ah basta... NASA PANA yan...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ryozo

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:00 am

isa lang masa-suggest ko... sama ka sa mga lakad! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wernher

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:23 pm

question po

im ussing cannon 450D

using RAW as picture quality

then lumabas cya na format sa pc as ".CR2"

then i have adobe photoshop CS3 ndi nya po ma open yung .cr2 file ko ano po ba dapat kong gawin? salamat po
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonathan Lazaro

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:34 pm

wernher wrote:
question po

im ussing cannon 450D

using RAW as picture quality

then lumabas cya na format sa pc as ".CR2"

then i have adobe photoshop CS3 ndi nya po ma open yung .cr2 file ko ano po ba dapat kong gawin? salamat po
Bro try to search sa Google ang "Adobe Camera Raw for CS3" or better yet, mag install ka ng cs4 po, HTH Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jonathanlazaro.multiply.com
wernher

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:42 am

for sure po sa cs4 gagana na?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denziljr

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:58 am

Wern install ka CS4 pag nahirapan ka sa patch ako titira kabisado ko i-hack yan sa host file nya meron lng tayo idadagdag na code sa script nya pra registered na whehehe Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer   

Back to top Go down

Question and Answer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Photography Discussion :: Learning Corner-
Jump to: