Shenzhen Photographer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shenzhen Photographer ForumLog in

Our initiative to promote Glamour Portrait, Art Works, Photoshoot Activities and to bring our fun on Internet.

descriptionModel Release Form EmptyModel Release Form

more_horiz
Suggestion lang po ulit.. I've just read something from Scott Kelby's book about having this Model Release Form.. I don't know if we need to secure one or what.. But for the models protection and for us LPG's sa tingin niyo po ba we need to make one on our photo shoots? And sa tingin ko po para may system na din po tayo na ma-practice din po natin what requires on our field.. Just my 2 cents guys! Smile

Last edited by jjdee on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionModel Release Form EmptyRe: Model Release Form

more_horiz
Maybe you mean Model Release Form. This is a very good suggestion. Thumbs Up

more_horiz
Renegade wrote:
Maybe you mean Model Release Form. This is a very good suggestion. Thumbs Up

Thanks sir renegade! Correction.. Smile

more_horiz
yeah
i think that also applies not just for model shoots...
but also for photo walks as well...

more_horiz
Just to share my two cents ...

I use model release forms only if it's a double-P photoshoot. For TFCDs and/or photowalks, I don't bother about it anymore, mainly because:
  1. TFCDs is just a segue to meeting the model and seeing her potential. If she shows potential, I'd offer her a double-P photoshoot.

2. Photowalks involves a lot of photographers. You know how it is: one photographer asks the model to pose a certain way and takes the shot; the other photographers sees that it's an interesting pose and tries to take the same shot, and worse, from the same angle, etc. -- I wouldn't use a photo from that session for anything commercial in nature (it'll just end up in my hard drive; 1 or 2 photos might make it to my flickr/facebook/website though).

more_horiz
pardon my ignorance focaljam.. but what do you mean by double-P ? Jackass

more_horiz
My apologies, I forgot I was in a different group.

Double-P was a term we coined among my other group to differentiate from the PP acronym. It meant "Paid and Private", as opposed to the PP which usually meant "post-processing".

We couldn't simply say "paid shoot", because we also organized paid group shots. It had to be distinguishable as a "one model, one photographer, paid, no audience" kind of arrangement.

I hope this clears up any confusion I may have introduced.

more_horiz
I just realized that this board uses the term "soloista". I am assuming that when a photog here goes "soloista", that it's a paid engagement with the model. Hence, essentially a double-P, right?

more_horiz
focaljam wrote:
I just realized that this board uses the term "soloista". I am assuming that when a photog here goes "soloista", that it's a paid engagement with the model. Hence, essentially a double-P, right?

The term soloista simply means that a photographer goes on a solo photoshoot without inviting the other photographers regardless if its paid or x-deal. Hope this clarifies..

more_horiz
Thanks for clearing it up ...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply