Our initiative to promote Glamour Portrait, Art Works, Photoshoot Activities and to bring our fun on Internet.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Hannah by bjadee

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bjadee

avatar

Posts : 187
Points : 211
Join date : 2010-01-06
Location : Valenzuela City

PostSubject: Hannah by bjadee   Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:25 am

C&Cs are most welcome. Wink

Headshots 101 by Jerico Montemayor
Photos by: Brian Dee
Model: Hannah Landan
MUA: Mylene Ruedas


Hannah Butterfly Lighting Low Key


Hannah High Key


Hannah Low Key
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_dee/
jjdee

avatar

Posts : 276
Points : 334
Join date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:55 am

paturo mag-PP ahiya bri.. hahaha! one-on-one tutorial.. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/jjdee/
hayok



Posts : 567
Points : 575
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Las Pinas

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:00 am

like the low key effect bro.. try to PP the eye bugs para young looking si ate hannah.. adik din ako sa sa low key.


sa high key hindi ba naglightspill yung ilaw sa hair at kamay niya?


TFS pa rin. sama naman ako sa iyo sa shoot newbie din kasi ako gusto ko matoto eh Smile para lahat masaya Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bjadee

avatar

Posts : 187
Points : 211
Join date : 2010-01-06
Location : Valenzuela City

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:27 am

hayok wrote:
like the low key effect bro.. try to PP the eye bugs para young looking si ate hannah.. adik din ako sa sa low key.


sa high key hindi ba naglightspill yung ilaw sa hair at kamay niya?


TFS pa rin. sama naman ako sa iyo sa shoot newbie din kasi ako gusto ko matoto eh Smile para lahat masaya Sad

Ah oo nga sir, forgot to PP the eye bugs dahil sa antok ko na. hehehe!thanks so much for pointing that one out sir. Wink

Dun sa high key nag lightspill nga yung ilaw sir, nag flare pa nga e. tried my best to recover it by PP.hehehe.. Smile

Anyways, I really cant figure out why ganun na nag lightspill and flare e. Yung mga kasama namin na 50mm but canon e exactly same settings but yung sa kanila ok e- no lightspill and flare whatsoever. yung kaming mga nikon e may mga flare and lightspill, and mejo flat yung picture. i tried readjusting yung aperture and exposure compensation, it improved but halos ganun pa din e. I think maybe yung lens namin is not cut out for yung ganitong lighting setup wherein may large softbox sa likod ng model to achieve yung high key effect? any advice/point of view regarding this sir? it's really puzzling me talaga kasi same settings kami with the canons but the outputs are totally different. hehehe!

thanks much! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_dee/
bjadee

avatar

Posts : 187
Points : 211
Join date : 2010-01-06
Location : Valenzuela City

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:33 am

jjdee wrote:
paturo mag-PP ahiya bri.. hahaha! one-on-one tutorial.. Smile

Sure jem, but did nothing special here. Eto workflow ko jan- I just adjust contrast and levels. then for pictures 1 and 3- gaussian blur then masking. Then afterwards, skin smoothing, brightening of the eyes, then sharpening the whole pic.hehehe!Smile If you need more help, tawagan mo lang ako. hehehe Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_dee/
hayok



Posts : 567
Points : 575
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Las Pinas

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:45 am

FLARE
1.) use a longer focal length ( if you dont have control over the lighting setup)
2.) use barn doors or gobos (if you have control of the lighting setup)

* kung observe mo mas prone sa flare ang mga wide lens compared sa tele lens.

OVERSPILL
1.) move the subject further from the background ( baka malapit masyado ang subject sa background)
2.) set light power 2 to 3 stops lower yata ( experiment na lang )


and the important thing is practice at experiment kahit ako newbie din ako at panay basa basa lang sa google Sad... at sama naman ako sa inyo batong bato na ako sa bahay Sad






bjadee wrote:
hayok wrote:
like the low key effect bro.. try to PP the eye bugs para young looking si ate hannah.. adik din ako sa sa low key.


sa high key hindi ba naglightspill yung ilaw sa hair at kamay niya?


TFS pa rin. sama naman ako sa iyo sa shoot newbie din kasi ako gusto ko matoto eh Smile para lahat masaya Sad

Ah oo nga sir, forgot to PP the eye bugs dahil sa antok ko na. hehehe!thanks so much for pointing that one out sir. Wink

Dun sa high key nag lightspill nga yung ilaw sir, nag flare pa nga e. tried my best to recover it by PP.hehehe.. Smile

Anyways, I really cant figure out why ganun na nag lightspill and flare e. Yung mga kasama namin na 50mm but canon e exactly same settings but yung sa kanila ok e- no lightspill and flare whatsoever. yung kaming mga nikon e may mga flare and lightspill, and mejo flat yung picture. i tried readjusting yung aperture and exposure compensation, it improved but halos ganun pa din e. I think maybe yung lens namin is not cut out for yung ganitong lighting setup wherein may large softbox sa likod ng model to achieve yung high key effect? any advice/point of view regarding this sir? it's really puzzling me talaga kasi same settings kami with the canons but the outputs are totally different. hehehe!

thanks much! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bjadee

avatar

Posts : 187
Points : 211
Join date : 2010-01-06
Location : Valenzuela City

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:57 am

hayok wrote:
FLARE
1.) use a longer focal length ( if you dont have control over the lighting setup)
2.) use barn doors or gobos (if you have control of the lighting setup)

* kung observe mo mas prone sa flare ang mga wide lens compared sa tele lens.

OVERSPILL
1.) move the subject further from the background ( baka malapit masyado ang subject sa background)
2.) set light power 2 to 3 stops lower yata ( experiment na lang )


and the important thing is practice at experiment kahit ako newbie din ako at panay basa basa lang sa google Sad... at sama naman ako sa inyo batong bato na ako sa bahay Sad

bjadee wrote:
hayok wrote:
like the low key effect bro.. try to PP the eye bugs para young looking si ate hannah.. adik din ako sa sa low key.


sa high key hindi ba naglightspill yung ilaw sa hair at kamay niya?


TFS pa rin. sama naman ako sa iyo sa shoot newbie din kasi ako gusto ko matoto eh Smile para lahat masaya Sad

Ah oo nga sir, forgot to PP the eye bugs dahil sa antok ko na. hehehe!thanks so much for pointing that one out sir. Wink

Dun sa high key nag lightspill nga yung ilaw sir, nag flare pa nga e. tried my best to recover it by PP.hehehe.. Smile

Anyways, I really cant figure out why ganun na nag lightspill and flare e. Yung mga kasama namin na 50mm but canon e exactly same settings but yung sa kanila ok e- no lightspill and flare whatsoever. yung kaming mga nikon e may mga flare and lightspill, and mejo flat yung picture. i tried readjusting yung aperture and exposure compensation, it improved but halos ganun pa din e. I think maybe yung lens namin is not cut out for yung ganitong lighting setup wherein may large softbox sa likod ng model to achieve yung high key effect? any advice/point of view regarding this sir? it's really puzzling me talaga kasi same settings kami with the canons but the outputs are totally different. hehehe!

thanks much! Wink

Wow thanks very much for the very informative reply sir, will try to keep these in mind next time.

In my case, yes indeed the subject was very close to the background/softbox. But the crazy thing is that the canons achieved almost perfect exposure with the same light setup and camera settings whereas our nikon 50mms cranked out flat, flared, overspilled pictures. haha! Wink


Last edited by bjadee on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_dee/
hayok



Posts : 567
Points : 575
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : Las Pinas

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:02 pm

charge that to experience na lang hehehe... experiment na lang kung saan tingin mo magwowork shots mo at magkaiba naman kayo ng system na ginagamit. Honestly gusto ko talaga yung low key mo ang linis ng gawa mo .

bjadee wrote:
hayok wrote:
FLARE
1.) use a longer focal length ( if you dont have control over the lighting setup)
2.) use barn doors or gobos (if you have control of the lighting setup)

* kung observe mo mas prone sa flare ang mga wide lens compared sa tele lens.

OVERSPILL
1.) move the subject further from the background ( baka malapit masyado ang subject sa background)
2.) set light power 2 to 3 stops lower yata ( experiment na lang )


and the important thing is practice at experiment kahit ako newbie din ako at panay basa basa lang sa google Sad... at sama naman ako sa inyo batong bato na ako sa bahay Sad

Wow thanks very much for the very informative reply sir, will try to keep these in mind next time.

In my case, yes indeed the subject was very close to the background/softbox. But the crazy thing is that the canons achieved almost perfect exposure with the same light setup and camera settings whereas our nikon 50mms cranked out flat, flared, overspilled pictures. haha! Wink

Below is a link to our club's website if you are interested to join the club (don't mind the name, it's open for all even for non-camanava residents. the new name of the club is Creative Photographers Club (CPC) hindi pa lang nabago yung name ng site daw.hehehe ) :
http://www.camanavaphotographers.org/forums/index.php





bjadee wrote:
hayok wrote:
like the low key effect bro.. try to PP the eye bugs para young looking si ate hannah.. adik din ako sa sa low key.


sa high key hindi ba naglightspill yung ilaw sa hair at kamay niya?


TFS pa rin. sama naman ako sa iyo sa shoot newbie din kasi ako gusto ko matoto eh Smile para lahat masaya Sad

Ah oo nga sir, forgot to PP the eye bugs dahil sa antok ko na. hehehe!thanks so much for pointing that one out sir. Wink

Dun sa high key nag lightspill nga yung ilaw sir, nag flare pa nga e. tried my best to recover it by PP.hehehe.. Smile

Anyways, I really cant figure out why ganun na nag lightspill and flare e. Yung mga kasama namin na 50mm but canon e exactly same settings but yung sa kanila ok e- no lightspill and flare whatsoever. yung kaming mga nikon e may mga flare and lightspill, and mejo flat yung picture. i tried readjusting yung aperture and exposure compensation, it improved but halos ganun pa din e. I think maybe yung lens namin is not cut out for yung ganitong lighting setup wherein may large softbox sa likod ng model to achieve yung high key effect? any advice/point of view regarding this sir? it's really puzzling me talaga kasi same settings kami with the canons but the outputs are totally different. hehehe!

thanks much! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bjadee

avatar

Posts : 187
Points : 211
Join date : 2010-01-06
Location : Valenzuela City

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:09 pm

hayok wrote:
charge that to experience na lang hehehe... experiment na lang kung saan tingin mo magwowork shots mo at magkaiba naman kayo ng system na ginagamit. Honestly gusto ko talaga yung low key mo ang linis ng gawa mo .

bjadee wrote:
hayok wrote:
FLARE
1.) use a longer focal length ( if you dont have control over the lighting setup)
2.) use barn doors or gobos (if you have control of the lighting setup)

* kung observe mo mas prone sa flare ang mga wide lens compared sa tele lens.

OVERSPILL
1.) move the subject further from the background ( baka malapit masyado ang subject sa background)
2.) set light power 2 to 3 stops lower yata ( experiment na lang )


and the important thing is practice at experiment kahit ako newbie din ako at panay basa basa lang sa google Sad... at sama naman ako sa inyo batong bato na ako sa bahay Sad

Wow thanks very much for the very informative reply sir, will try to keep these in mind next time.

In my case, yes indeed the subject was very close to the background/softbox. But the crazy thing is that the canons achieved almost perfect exposure with the same light setup and camera settings whereas our nikon 50mms cranked out flat, flared, overspilled pictures. haha! Wink

Below is a link to our club's website if you are interested to join the club (don't mind the name, it's open for all even for non-camanava residents. the new name of the club is Creative Photographers Club (CPC) hindi pa lang nabago yung name ng site daw.hehehe ) :
http://www.camanavaphotographers.org/forums/index.php





bjadee wrote:
hayok wrote:
like the low key effect bro.. try to PP the eye bugs para young looking si ate hannah.. adik din ako sa sa low key.


sa high key hindi ba naglightspill yung ilaw sa hair at kamay niya?


TFS pa rin. sama naman ako sa iyo sa shoot newbie din kasi ako gusto ko matoto eh Smile para lahat masaya Sad

Ah oo nga sir, forgot to PP the eye bugs dahil sa antok ko na. hehehe!thanks so much for pointing that one out sir. Wink

Dun sa high key nag lightspill nga yung ilaw sir, nag flare pa nga e. tried my best to recover it by PP.hehehe.. Smile

Anyways, I really cant figure out why ganun na nag lightspill and flare e. Yung mga kasama namin na 50mm but canon e exactly same settings but yung sa kanila ok e- no lightspill and flare whatsoever. yung kaming mga nikon e may mga flare and lightspill, and mejo flat yung picture. i tried readjusting yung aperture and exposure compensation, it improved but halos ganun pa din e. I think maybe yung lens namin is not cut out for yung ganitong lighting setup wherein may large softbox sa likod ng model to achieve yung high key effect? any advice/point of view regarding this sir? it's really puzzling me talaga kasi same settings kami with the canons but the outputs are totally different. hehehe!

thanks much! Wink

Hehehe!oo nga sir e. Lesson learned- magkaibang system=magkaibang outputs.hehehe!Smile

Thanks again!Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_dee/
likhasapalad

avatar

Posts : 192
Points : 258
Join date : 2009-10-13
Location : Muntinlupa

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:55 pm

May lalo superb yung mga shot mo sir kung gagamitan mo ng beauty dish. Para daw mas alive yung mga eyeballs ng mga model.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iamwebdesigner.multiply.com
bjadee

avatar

Posts : 187
Points : 211
Join date : 2010-01-06
Location : Valenzuela City

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:26 pm

likhasapalad wrote:
May lalo superb yung mga shot mo sir kung gagamitan mo ng beauty dish. Para daw mas alive yung mga eyeballs ng mga model.

Thanks for the insight on the beauty dish sir. Would love to work using a beauty dish soon. hehe

But sadly we dont have a beauty dish right now e, the equipments we have are quite limited e- just a couple of softboxes and reflectors. So we just have to make most of what we have. Hindi nga sa studio talaga ginawa to sir e, we shot it in the veranda nung house nung isang kasama namin. Nag improvise lang din ng black na tela as background. hehehe! :lol:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_dee/
Renegade



Posts : 534
Points : 621
Join date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:30 am

nice set! Clap I like the 3rd most. Did you use studio flash or speedlights?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
henry

avatar

Posts : 113
Points : 122
Join date : 2010-02-01
Location : QC

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:25 pm

nice sets bro... i love your low key setup.

comment ko lang regarding sa high key.. para sa akin medyo hindi angkop ung emotion/pose nung model with your high key. afaik high key lighting also denotes a happy mood , being cheerfull. for that kind of pose/mood parang mas angkop ang mid key lighting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hnaungayan.com
bjadee

avatar

Posts : 187
Points : 211
Join date : 2010-01-06
Location : Valenzuela City

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Renegade wrote:
nice set! Clap I like the 3rd most. Did you use studio flash or speedlights?

Thanks sir.Wink We used studio flashes for our setup. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_dee/
bjadee

avatar

Posts : 187
Points : 211
Join date : 2010-01-06
Location : Valenzuela City

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:50 pm

henry wrote:
nice sets bro... i love your low key setup.

comment ko lang regarding sa high key.. para sa akin medyo hindi angkop ung emotion/pose nung model with your high key. afaik high key lighting also denotes a happy mood , being cheerfull. for that kind of pose/mood parang mas angkop ang mid key lighting.

Ok would keep in mind your advice regarding posing models during a high key setup. Thanks very much sir for sharing your knowledge and experience regarding that. Hindi ko lam na ganun pala, and yeah I agree that mas ok nga na happy, cheerful, or playful ang mood pag high key setup.hehehe! Smile

Thanks once again for your very helpful comments/advices sir. Truly appreciate it. Wink Thumbs Up Clap
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_dee/
henry

avatar

Posts : 113
Points : 122
Join date : 2010-02-01
Location : QC

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Wala pa ako experience boss. to be frank gusto ko nga makasama sa mga shoot nyo na ganyan Smile. Based lang din sa mga nababasa ko and sa mga pag browbrowse ko ng mga sample pics din nila regarding this lighting setups
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hnaungayan.com
bjadee

avatar

Posts : 187
Points : 211
Join date : 2010-01-06
Location : Valenzuela City

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:23 pm

henry wrote:
Wala pa ako experience boss. to be frank gusto ko nga makasama sa mga shoot nyo na ganyan Smile. Based lang din sa mga nababasa ko and sa mga pag browbrowse ko ng mga sample pics din nila regarding this lighting setups

Ok sir. Feel free to join the Creative Photographers Club (previously Camanava Photographers Club). There are a lot of members that are really really good portrait and even fashion photographers that could really help you sir with lighting setups. Below is the group's website if you're interested. :

http://www.camanavaphotographers.org/ (don't mind the name, hindi pa napalitan yung name dati e.hehe)

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_dee/
smilingFACE



Posts : 241
Points : 289
Join date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:33 am

good sir brian... i like the shoots... great PP also.. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hannah by bjadee   

Back to top Go down
 
Hannah by bjadee
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Att Hannah's Hope
» AMBER ALERT: Hannah Anderson – Female, 16 Years-Old … Ethan Anderson – Male, 8 Years-Old
» U.S. CONGRESSMAN ACCUSED OF SENDING LEWD PHOTOGRAPH
» Hot or not?!
» Hannah has lice again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Gallery :: Portrait-
Jump to: