Shenzhen Photographer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shenzhen Photographer ForumLog in

Our initiative to promote Glamour Portrait, Art Works, Photoshoot Activities and to bring our fun on Internet.

Portrait Lens

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
argylecamacho
denziljr
Vietkong
rommelatienza
hayok
kpy555
10 posters

descriptionPortrait Lens EmptyPortrait Lens

more_horiz
Hi Guys!

What lens do you prefer to use to shoot our very own Pinay models?

To start of, I like using my 70-200 for excellent sharpness of the subject and creamy bokeh.

What's yours?

descriptionPortrait Lens EmptyRe: Portrait Lens

more_horiz
with budget constraints : 50mm f1.8 Wink

with no budget constraints: 24-70 f2.8 / 70-200 f2.8 Smile

kapag galit sa pera : primes :twisted:

kapg no budget : kit lens Jackass

more_horiz
for portraits, my staple lenses are:

for my Canon 50mm f1.2 (my everyday carry lens) and Canon 85mm f1.2

for my Nikon I use 24-70 f2.8. but my favourite is the 105mm f2.8 -even though it was created for macro work you cant beat it not just for the creamy bokeh but the sharpness of the bokeh.

more_horiz
28-70mm F2.8
80-200mm F2.8
50mm F1.4

more_horiz
eto sakin Smile

NIKON D80
SB800
18-200 VR
85mm f1.8
NIKON CAPTURE NX V2.0

more_horiz
Sigma 70-200 f2.8 version II on tripod though since no VR Smile

more_horiz
28-70mm F2.8
80-200mm F2.8
50mm F1.4
Sigma 105mm F2.8 (added today) In love

more_horiz
Congratulations on your new glass sir vietkong, bilis ah kakabenta lang ng tamron mo ah.

more_horiz
in my opinion, any lens can serve as a portrait lens when used correctly. Kasi napapansin ko mga iba kahit na 18-55mm, ang galing ng kuha.

more_horiz
patatahead wrote:
in my opinion, any lens can serve as a portrait lens when used correctly. Kasi napapansin ko mga iba kahit na 18-55mm, ang galing ng kuha.

+1 and Agree 100% Clap

more_horiz
Agree din ako pero mas gusto ko parin na mas maganda lens ko syempre less effort hehe kaya inggit ako sa mga lens ng iba bibili din ako nyan pag laki ko Hit

more_horiz
Tons of lenses varieties were created to cater photographer's needs. Each and every photographer has his photography unique style and taste. We choose what we need and deemed applicable to our photography style.

People might be contented with a kit lens or needless to say an AI or a Pre-AI lens. Todate, I can still shoot with my 35-70mm AI lens mounted on a Nikon FA/F3 HP film camera and still gives me the colors and sharpness that I love most.

In summary, Portrait lens is a personal choice. And my fellow PG Jing Lim will agree that in that saying "Wala sa Pana yan nasa Indian Yan" pero pag yung "PANA eh Carbon Fibre daw mas effective yung Indian" on the premise na walang sira yung mata nang Indian! nayahahhahahaah

:roll:

more_horiz
lucasxander wrote:
Congratulations on your new glass sir vietkong, bilis ah kakabenta lang ng tamron mo ah.

Thanks bro. Just realized that the Tammy doesn't give me the things that I need for a lens. Thanks to Jing for the advice to go 28-70mm F2.8

more_horiz
In summary, Portrait lens is a personal choice. And my fellow PG Jing Lim will agree that in that saying "Wala sa Pana yan nasa Indian Yan" pero pag yung "PANA eh Carbon Fibre daw mas effective yung Indian" on the premise na walang sira yung mata nang Indian! nayahahhahahaah

Whahahah Tama..... Wala sa Indyan yan kundi nasa PANA... Please refer to picture below...

Example of Indyan using NIKON D3Xs PANA with 2.8 lens... Bagsik no???
Portrait Lens Rambo13
Portrait Lens DSC00015

Indyan using D40 Kitlens...NGEK??? Toink!!! whehehehe
Portrait Lens 96133

Last edited by sbcaasd on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
at chaka pag Maganda PANA mo... siguradong BORAT (Chick Magnet) ang dating mo Wink

See example below What a Face What a Face What a Face
Iba talaga ang PANA ni BORAT... Pang SEXY TIME!!!!
Portrait Lens Cuar01_borat0612
Portrait Lens Borat
Portrait Lens Borat-mankini-2

OK??? You like??? HIGH FIVE!!! :lol:

more_horiz
sbcaasd wrote:

Whahahah Tama..... Wala sa Indyan yan kundi nasa PANA... Please refer to picture below...

Example of Indyan using NIKON D3Xs PANA with 2.8 lens... Bagsik no???
Portrait Lens Rambo13
Portrait Lens DSC00015

Indyan using D40 Kitlens...NGEK??? Toink!!! whehehehe
Portrait Lens 96133

haha parang hindi ako agree ah, kasi si Buknoy yung may hawak ng D40 eh try natin ipahawak kay Ramboo Smile or paano kung eto may hawak ng D40?
Portrait Lens 3879183934_2a6cf6bec0

So para sakin mas maganda yun may hawak ng D40 este masmaganda yung maganda na yung pana dapat pogi pa yung photographer Smile

more_horiz
malaki po ba difference sa sharpness ng mga lens 70-200 2.8 vs 50mm 1.8?? lets say tamron/sigma 70-200 2.8 vs nikon 50mm 1.8

more_horiz
Hi Erwin, I cant give the exact details how it defines but for my opinion as long as you have an accurate focus and (shutter speed vs. light) mo walang pinagkaiba kahit anong lens.

Basta try to know your lens strengths and weaknesses pag dating sa focusing most of non pro lenses merong error sa pinakamalaking aperture for example sa 50mm f1.8 dont use f1.8 use f2 or f2.8 as your largest aperture.

Pag low light try to use tripod if you're using slow shutter or boost your ISO, you can also use flash to compensate.

Hope this will help Smile

more_horiz
denziljr wrote:
Hi Erwin, I cant give the exact details how it defines but for my opinion as long as you have an accurate focus and (shutter speed vs. light) mo walang pinagkaiba kahit anong lens.

Basta try to know your lens strengths and weaknesses pag dating sa focusing most of non pro lenses merong error sa pinakamalaking aperture for example sa 50mm f1.8 dont use f1.8 use f2 or f2.8 as your largest aperture.

Pag low light try to use tripod if you're using slow shutter or boost your ISO, you can also use flash to compensate.

Hope this will help Smile

One stop down on the apperture will produce great sharp results.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply